If you are experiencing a slow Internet connection or your Internet browser is taking a long time to go from one page to another you may need to reboot your computer and modem/router.
By rebooting your modem/router it will force a re-establishment of your internet connection. This may help improve browsing and download speed and thus connect to a website faster.
- Turn off both nbn modem and wireless router for 5 minutes.
- Turn on nbn modem and wait 5 minutes, the light should remain orange.
- Make sure the wireless router is plugged into port UNI-D1 on the nbn modem.
- Turn on the wireless router and wait a few minutes and the nbn modem light should turn blue.
- Test the connection.
If the above doesn’t work, then you will most likely need to factory reset the wireless router like many other customers who were effected. This is done by:
- Keep the wireless router powered on.
- Locate the RESET button at the back of the wireless router.
- Hold the RESET button for 10 to 15 seconds, the lights at the front should start blinking, this is when you can let go.
- Wait about 5 minutes for the router to boot up again and try the connection.
nbn Modem Bootup Sequence Order
- White light 10 – 30 seconds
- Orange light 10 – 20 seconds
- White light 10 – 20 seconds
- Flashing white light 20 – 80 seconds
- Blue – 5 seconds or solid if you have a powered on device plugged into Port UNI-D1 on the nbn modem
- Orange – Remains orange until a powered on device is plugged into Port UNI-D1 on the nbn modem.