If you’re still using traditional copper wire technology for home Internet, now is the time to upgrade to a brand new NBN satellite plan. Making the move to an NBN satellite plan is undoubtedly a huge leap from the Internet connection you’re accustomed to. It presents a fast and reliable way to connect to the web using innovative technology.
You can now stay in touch with family and friends, watch movies, download music and upload data in record speed, thanks to NBN’s satellite rollout. But before you sign up with a provider, here are a few things that you should know about the National Broadband Network’s satellite Internet connections:
- What do you really need for your Internet at home?
Before purchasing the first NBN Internet deal you see online, you must remember to write down all your Internet usage needs first. Assess the needs of you and your family. This will help you find a plan that fits your requirements as well as your budget.
Here are important elements to consider:
- Speed – One of the major selling points of NBN satellite providers is speed. And rightfully so as majority of subscribers primarily check both download and upload speed when comparing plans.
- Data allowance – If you are a big household with multiple demands, you need to choose a plan with a generous data allowance. If you’re living alone, you may only need the cheapest plan with minimal data allowance. Although it’s generally ideal to buy more than what you need, choosing a plan with excessive data allowance can cost you a lot of money in the long term.
- Budget – How much are you willing to pay for an Internet plan that is both fast and provides ample data allowance? You first need to set a budget and ensure you stick to it. To cut costs, we recommend that you identify the off peak and peak hours in your area. You don’t really need an upgrade on your plan if you know when to connect to the Internet.
- Additional costs for equipment – Whilst some companies provide the equipment or devices needed for satellite connection at no cost, there are some that add this cost on top of monthly charges. Ideally, you want to get a plan that includes free equipment. However if there are no such deals available, make sure that you have an option of paying for them in increments if you are on tight budget.
Once you have assessed your needs, identified your budget and compared NBN satellite Internet deals, you can go ahead and sign up with the provider offering the most competitive Internet deals.
To check service availability of satellite Internet in your area, click here. If you want to learn more about NBN satellite Internet prices or latest discount offers, call us on 1300 477 800.