- Important Notice To Applicant(s) For Credit (Section 18(E)(1) Privacy Act 1988) Notice of disclosure of your credit information to a credit-reporting agency. (Privacy Act 1988)
I understand that Orion Satellite Systems Pty Ltd (ACN 103 918 832) trading as REACHNET may give information about me to a credit reporting agency, for the following purposes:
- To obtain a consumer credit report about me, and/or
- To allow the credit reporting agency to create or maintain a credit information file containing information about me. The information is limited to:
- Identity particulars – my name, sex, address, date of birth, and driver’s licence number.
- My application for credit or commercial credit – the fact that you have applied for credit and the amount.
- The fact that REACHNET is a current credit provider to me (by providing me with an internet service which is payable in advance).
- Internet service fees payable to REACHNET which are overdue by more than 60 days, and for which debt collection action has started.
- Advice that internet service fees payable to REACHNET are no longer overdue in respect of any default that has been listed.
- Information that, in the opinion of REACHNET I have committed a serious credit infringement (that is, fraudulently or shown an intention not to comply with my credit obligations).
- Dishonoured cheques – cheques drawn by me for $100 or more which have been dishonoured more than once.
- That credit provided to me by REACHNET has been paid or otherwise discharged.
This information may be given before, during or after the provision of credit to me.
- Giving information to a Credit Reporting Agency (Section 18E(8)(c) Privacy Act 1988)
REACHNET has informed me that it may give certain personal information about me to a credit-reporting agency.
- Access to Commercial Credit Information (Section 18L(4) Privacy Act 1988)
I agree that REACHNET may obtain information about me from a business such as Veda Advantage, which provides information about the commercial credit worthiness of persons for the purpose of assessing my application for an internet service from REACHNET.
- Access to Consumer Credit Information (Section 18K(1)(b), Privacy Act 1988)
I agree that REACHNET may obtain a consumer credit report containing information about me from a credit-reporting agency for the purpose of assessing my application for commercial credit.
- Exchange of Credit Worthiness Information (Section 18N, Privacy Act 1988)
I agree that REACHNET may exchange information with those credit providers named in this application or named in a consumer credit report issued by a credit reporting agency for the following purposes;
- To assess an application by me for an NBN Co Limited Internet Service
- To notify other credit providers of a default by me
- To exchange information with other credit providers as to the status of my payment obligations to REACHNET where I am in default with other credit providers
- To assess my creditworthiness.
I understand that the information exchanged can include anything about my creditworthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity that credit providers are allowed to exchange under the Privacy Act.
- Agreement to a credit provider being given a consumer credit report by a credit reporting agency to assess a guarantor (Section 18K 1(c) Privacy Act 1988) – if you are applying to be a guarantor of another person’s service
In addition, I agree that REACHNET may also obtain from a credit-reporting agency such as Veda Advantage a consumer credit report containing information about me for the purpose of assessing whether to accept me as a guarantor for credit applied for by, or provided to, another applicant for an NBN Co Limited internet Service from REACHNET. I agree that REACHNET may obtain such a credit report from the date I sign this statement and continues until the credit covered by the applicant for the service ceases.
- Agreement to a credit provider disclosing a report including a consumer credit report to potential or existing guarantor – if a guarantor has agreed to guarantee that you will pay the fees and charges for the NBN internet Service
In addition, I agree that REACHNET may give to a person who is currently a guarantor, or whom I indicate is considering becoming a guarantor, a credit report containing information about me for the purpose of the prospective guarantor deciding whether to act as guarantor, or to keep an existing guarantor informed about the guarantee they are providing for payment of the fees and charges associated with the NBN internet Service that may be provided to you. I understand that the information disclosed can include anything about my creditworthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity that credit providers are allowed to disclose under the Privacy Act, and includes a credit report.